Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Thing 8 of 23 Things: Flickr Mashups

Of all of the Mashups I explored, I really like Splashr, the tool for presenting Flickr photos in a cool way. For the photo selections I just chose a tag keyword which would pull photos with the same tag from all of the users. You could also choose a single user I.D. to pull the photos. I kept it at the default of 25 photos to be displayed. The presentation style is "desktop".

I think it would be neat to display students' artwork with this tool online on a teacher/school website. It will give parents and the community a chance to see what is being created in your classroom.

I believe photo-sharing is great as long as it is not being abused. It can keep people informed and in touch. Privacy should be respected, however, so in the school setting, the most hassle-free system of displaying student work involves no photos of children's faces and first names or just initials only.

Here is my mashup:

No comments:

Post a Comment