Monday, September 12, 2011

Thing 6 of 23 Things: Discovering Web 2.0 Tools

The Web 2.0 Tool that explored was Pinterest. This such a cool site; I only wish it was  part of Google. I suppose I could add it as a bookmark... Pinterest is a virtual pinboard to "pin" images which "interest" you the most. You can even create boards for different themes. While you're waiting for your membership to be approved, you can browse all of the other pinned images for cool ideas. Once approved, you can upload your own images or "repin" images that others have uploaded. You can also leave comments on the pinned images. I plan to have a board for classroom management ideas and home decor inspiration. I'm still waiting for my membership to be approved, but I love the idea of pinning all of your images in one place. If only I could use this for things I see in Hobby Lobby that I'd like to make. Oh wait! I can! I'll just have to take photos and upload them. So excited to get started! Approve me already!

UPDATE: I finally have a Pinterest account and I love it! You can pin images from anywhere online and it will link it back to the original source. It's kind of like a visual bookmarking tool. My only "complaint" is that there should be a warning label when you sign up that lets you know that Pinterest is addictive!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment