Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Thing 2 of 23 Things: Create a Blog, Add a Post, and an Avatar

The 2nd activity in our list of 23 is to create a blog and begin to use it to record our reflections on our usage of Web 2.0 tools. Because my husband teases me for looking at the dessert menu first, he'd probably say that this activity should have been listed as #1. (I like to know what desserts are available so that I can decide whether or not I should save room for them!)

Creating this blog was super easy. The navigation of Blogger is user-friendly. I chose to include the main theme of the blog in the title to make it simple. I chose to keep my user name, MHillenberg, simple also.  Designing an avatar through DoppleMe was silly fun. I'm a runner, so I chose to make it look like an athlete. I wish I could have modified the hair coloring to make it resemble even more like my own. My only other blogging experience was several years ago through LiveJournal, which I kept up for about a year, I believe. It was like writing in a diary in which you would write in "code" what you did not want others to fully know about. I called it cryptic venting. I've been debating whether or not to begin another blog and well... this assignment has made the decision for me! :) Here's to an insightful semester!

1 comment:

  1. I used to have a livejournal as well, and it was so much fun to be able to post online in code (like you said). Since then, I've started my own blog (outside of the one required for class), and it's a lot of fun-- the community is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete